Thursday 8 September 2011

Lifecycle of a Mushroom: Production Development 1

Issues still exist with the animatic but as Peter noted a lot of the issues are due to timing and letting text linger for longer so at this point I’m confident of fixing these once I’m in Maya - animating and editing footage. In the meantime, I’m keen to move into the production of the scenes that have been established as working.

I want each phase of the cycle to have a specific look with the style. The Basidia section is the one with the most exotic sound. The music at this point makes me think of exotic Arabic belly dancers coming on to the stage at the shift in music, wiggling their hips to the wild applause of the drunken audience.

I’ve established that the animation is black and white, so that rules out use of the lush colours Arabian colours but the dresses often have lovely glittering sequins and patterns. I want to incorporate this extoic aspect into the design and texture of the Basidia.







1 comment:

  1. bring it on, Tom. Looking forward to seeing this influence combined...

    ReplyDelete